Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Who Want Sex More: Women or Men

Here we go again - we're being presented with another sweeping generalisation. Let's set the record straight - not all men constantly think of sex, and not all women constantly try to avoid sex. We do not have a perpetual headache, and men don't keep their brains in their boxer shorts. Now we've got that out of the way, let's address the question in hand.

Do women want sex as much as men do? Well, this woman does, because I love my man to pieces, and I want his body as well as his mind. Every time I look at him, I want to take him to bed, and I'm not a lust-crazed teenager - I'm a woman of 57 who's been around the block a few times and has finally found the right man for her.

I will say that I'd never have sex with someone I didn't love or like a lot, so in that respect, I probably fit the general female stereotype. However, there are women who say they love their man with all their heart, yet they don't really want to have sex any more. Why is that, do you think?

Physical problems can play a part. As we get older, our hormones can play us false, our libido decreases and things 'dry up down there,' so sex becomes uncomfortable. We'd rather have a good night's sleep than a night of unbridled passion. There are ways around this, of course - there are lubricants, both proprietary and natural, but if the spirit isn't willing, what's the point in preparing the body?

Sex isn't just physical, it's a complete emotional package, and I think that applies as much to men as to women. My man hasn't been interested in sex for the last ten years, and now, all of a sudden, he can't get enough of me or of sex. He's had other opportunities, but declined them with a polite 'Thanks, but no thanks.' If there's no love there, or at least a deep liking and mutual respect, the sex is always going to be second rate.

The truth of the matter is, we're all individuals, and if we're happy with what we have, it's fine. If, as a couple, you're both happy without sex, that's perfectly okay. If you still can't keep your hands off each other, even after years together, that's okay as well. The main thing is that you're happy together, and if you are, nothing else matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment